Well, maybe not the world, but they could definitely help out your business!
Time is your most valuable asset when you run your own business or work as a freelancer, and there never seems to be enough of it! Here’s my list of 10 things that you can do that only take around 2 minutes, each of which will help you & your business without taking much time out of your day.
- Take a break. Sometimes this is one of the best things you can do, especially if you’re feeling in a rut or stressed out with a project. Giving yourself a couple of minutes to clear your head and think of other things will make all the difference.
- Change up your twitter theming. A new background, a new avatar, tweak your bio. I’m betting that around 80% of twitter users haven’t changed their backgrounds or bios since they started their twitter accounts, are you sure it projects the best of your business?
- Read an article. There’s a wealth of blogs out there relating to your fields, you probably already subscribe to a few. Taking the time to read and keep up with current trends will stop you and your business going stale.
- Change your signatures. Whether it’s for your email, forum accounts or flickr, make sure that your signatures have your latest details available – you could be missing out on valuable traffic!
- Post an update on your facebook page. Or, if you don’t have one yet, get one! Finest Imaginary’s facebook page currently has over 800 likers, that’s 800 potential customers. I’m super guilty of neglecting it, and it’s one of my goals to post an update on there at least once every other day!
- Reply to that email. You know the one, it’s been hanging around in your inbox for over 7 days, and you keep saying you’ll reply to it at some point – do it now!!!
- Clear up! Is your workspace looking a bit jumbled? Give it a quick two minute tidy, you’ll be surprised how rewarding it is!
- Write a list. Simply write a list that you’ve been meaning to write, blog posts ideas, potential clients, improvements to your websites etc.etc.
- Think ahead. I sometimes get so involved with what I’m doing Right Now that I forget to plan ahead. For Finest Imaginary I’m starting to think of Christmas things already, and trying to get a head start this year. Is there something you need to think ahead for?
- Check your stats. Keeping on top of your web stats is important, have you recently had a spike in traffic? Do you know? Find out!